Jessica's Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

~*~21 and Counting~*~

Wow, I haven't blogged for over a month! I have missed blogging, but I don't believe I could have thought long enough to write something other then the magazine! We have had some set backs with the Spring issue, mainly computer problems. It's only when you need a computer to work that it decides to break down. They're tormentors.

The magazine has come out wonderful! I'm so excited, we can't wait to have it in "magazine" form! We had way more pages then we thought we had for this issue. So instead of 76 pages like the Holiday issue was, we ended up with 104 pages. I couldn't believe we went over 28 pages!

With the magazine to do with this month, it left us little room to do other family things. But, last Saturday I turned 21. I felt a little "old" this birthday. I know everyone who is twice my age is going to roll their eyes at that, but that's what I thought. I started thinking about when we moved here, which was right after my 17th birthday. Four years have gone by already. I can remember each year, and specific things about it, it really doesn't seem like it's been that long... but it all did pass.

I'm not quite where I thought I would be, I don't think I planned to be home at all when I was 21. Had God not changed things, and the way I thought as well, who knows where I would be right now. I have an idea of what I could have turned into, I'm so thankful that I didn't.

I look at my brothers and sisters and I'm so thankful that I have been right here, and I didn't have to miss a thing! I can't imagine not being here for the birth of Evie and Zusanah! Or having to watch my siblings get older from a distance, just so I could go sit in college dormitory alone.

Rather then have to go and work for someone else, I can work for myself and with my family; and I get to do it with my Mother!
I could have missed all of this~
Mom and Me*~ ~*Baby Zusanah*~

I was working at my computer the other night and looked up to see seven children all huddled on the couch! That's what happens when everyone is forbidden to touch the thermostat, you can either love each other, or freeze. ~*Sleeping EvieGod knew that I would have hated being anywhere but at home. So here I am, still home, and happy that I was able to celebrate my 21st birthday here.

Labels: , ,

posted by ~*~Jessica~*~ at 7:02 PM

4 Comments:

Belated Happy Birthday....I have one question...how old is Zusanah and Evie? I didn't realize you had two sisters that are so close in age....Zusanah looks like 9 months or so and I remember the birth of Evie....anyway, I am so excited that you are content being at home with your family....what a blessed gift you have been given....and also your mom has been given this gift also.

Blessings,

Connie

March 10, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

Oh dear! I forgot to clarify that picture of Zusanah! That's an old picture of her, she probably was only 9 months old:)She's 2 years old now! Evie is just over a month old!

March 10, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

Thanks for the clarification Jessica....Love the baby afghan Evie is covered with....

Blessings,

Connie

March 12, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Yes, it is wonderful to be home, isn't it?!

March 12, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home